21 November 2007

the evils of social networking sites

gaaah.

my ex is on facebook.

him. the self-confessed anti-social of the century. on facebook.

excuse me, satan, but what is the ambient temperature you are experiencing? because i believe hell has frozen over.

i'll admit, i tried to search for him about a week back. i came up with half a dozen people with the same name, but i know they're not him because of 1. the photo, 2. the location / hometown. and i figured he'll never do anything like use a social networking webbie, with ridiculous applications such as vampires and werewolves. (i mean, seriously, come ON! how juvenile can you get???)

and when i wasn't looking, BAM!!!

his name came up on my updates page. one of my grad school classmates is now friends with xxx. i couldn't help myself. i clicked on the link. and sure enough, it was him. (who else could it be? we were all classmates over a year ago.) i have to say, he looks pretty miserable on his photo. hah!

now, the question is - to poke or not to poke? to send message or not to send message?? to add as a friend or not to add??? (oh man, i can just imagine what kind of relationship detail to put. 'you dated in 2006 but it didn't work out and you are ready to kill each other now.' heh.)

it took all (well, almost all) of my self-control not to do any of the above. i'm pretty proud of myself now, i have to say. if he wants to look for me, add me as a friend or whatever, he will. not that it will happen anytime soon. chances are i'll give in before he even has an inkling of how to search out people, much less have any inclination to look me up.

i told myself that i need to preserve my pride this time around. i will pretend i didn't see him on that blasted creation, the bane of my existence. or that i have more important things to do than check my facebook account every other day.

yeah, right.

No comments: