29 November 2007

bored witless

for the first time in a very long time, i have run out of things to do. so now i blog. hah.

i've pretty much finished packing my suitcase. i've put away the necessary things for storage. i've finished reading two stories by f scott fitzgerald. (he's good, by the way.) i've prepared dinner, i've done a bit of laundry, i've arranged for my interview tomorrow.

yes, i have a job interview tomorrow. amazingly enough. talk about buzzer-beaters. my flight was supposed to be yesterday afternoon, at 5pm. interview was originally set for 10am, but has been changed to 2.30pm. and now i'm wondering if i should move my flight to next week, just in case the interview goes well. or i can always just bring all the employment pass documents with me tomorrow, so we can process everything immediately. that's being overly optimistic about it.

getting this job would definitely make my life so much simpler. but i don't want to get ahead of myself again and bank on false hopes. i need to plan my life around the possibility - nay, probability - of not getting this job. otherwise i'd end up even more bored than i am now. and i would be subjected to the family at the same time. heaven forbid.

here's to waiting for miracles to happen. and living in reality.

No comments: