14 November 2007

daddy short-legs

for lack of a better moniker. he doesn't have long legs. in fact, i've outgrown him ten years ago. though he wouldn't admit it then.

he is in town, and he wants to have a talk about my 'career'. not that there's much left to talk about. he wants me to keep going the difficult - and in my opinion, totally unfulfilling and un-worthwhile - path. too early to quit, you're just starting, etc etc etc. yes yes yes. but you see, the point is not that my career is going too slow for my own liking. my career is not to my own liking. there is a big difference.

no news from the publishers / editors. there goes my last chance. i will have to transplant myself yet again. (third time in little over twelve months, good grief.) i'm sure someone is having a good laugh at my expense. i just wonder who, and why exactly it's funny. i suppose if you draw dotted lines across the world map of where i've been the past 54 weeks, it would look a bit interesting. still a few gaps i'd like to fill. oh okay, my life hasn't been so bad. but i just hate being in a state of limbo and having everyone breathe down my neck about it.

which brings us to the next point. i shall be transplanting myself back home. i suppose i can explore moving to some other multi-cultural global city, but to be honest, i'm quite 'transplanted' out. i thought i could actually start growing roots in my current city, but i guess the universe thought otherwise. can't argue with every other matter in existence, now, can we?

so, to home, and beyond!

(now if only i can stay so positive when i'm around naggy relatives.)

No comments: