20 January 2007

get. off. my. back.

GOOD LORD.

what does a girl need to do to get some independence in this household??? kill myself, most likely.

after the episode with mother last night - she got upset about my booking a flight that lands at an insane hour - my sister calls this morning and gives me an earful. and then the firm keeps bugging me to go over ASAP. which i would be more than glad to do, honestly. but NOOOOOOOOOOOO. the family must know EVERY. SINGLE. DECISION. i make. when i'm flying out, where i will be staying, how i will get there, when i will start work, when i will get to live in the office apartment, how will i get the keys, etc etc etc. GODDAMMIT. not everything needs to be planned out to the last SECOND, OKAY?!?!? so what if i booked a flight that arrives midnight in the middle of the work week? i'll get on nicely, thank you. i HAVE lived on my own for, oh, i don't know, OVER TWELVE MONTHS, haven't i? and that's WITHOUT ANY RELATIVES WITHIN SPITTING DISTANCE. i have to say, that was the best time of my life. to not have someone breathing down my neck every five minutes.

maybe i should just make plans and not let them know and disappear from their lives for the next ten years. i'll probably do something like that once i'm on my own, anyway. they need to realise that it is MY life. and that i am more than capable of taking care of myself.

i am SOOOOOOOO moving out of this nuthouse. for good.

No comments: