17 December 2007

it's complicated.

the catchphrase of all my romantic relationships. far be it for me to start changing now. creature of habit, i am.

they say love catches you when you least expect it. i suppose it's true. except that i'm not quite sure if this is love. and by love i mean romance.

we've known each other for almost half our lifetimes. in a way, you could say he's my best friend. he knows me as well as - or even better than - any other person i know. maybe that's why it's difficult to go beyond the present circumstances.

he loves me. and i love him. but somehow... there's just something in the way. something we both feel, but we can't quite define. and i guess, something we can't quite overcome.

we've loved each other for some time, in different ways. i've loved him as a friend, sometimes as a brother, some days as a confidant. through the years, our relationship has grown. and recently, it seems to be growing even more.

then today i woke up and i realised... i'm falling. for the man who has loved me from the day we first met.

No comments: