13 December 2007

bloody. freaking. hell.

even after i've left, the old firm screws things up for me. my new firm is having problems getting my employment pass processed because apparently, i have an approved employment pass waiting for me at the ministry. how much shit do they exactly need me to go through before i can be rid of them? when i think of my previous firm, two words come to mind - dead. weight.

okay. so how did this mess happen? firstly, i did not apply for a new employment pass with any other company. there are only two firms that has paperwork with my signature on it - my previous firm, and my new firm. so, if the new firm is having problems because there is already another active employment pass on the database, it definitely couldn't be them causing the trouble. so it would have to be the dead weight.

now, back in july - SIX FREAKING MONTHS AGO - i applied for an upgrade of my work permit. i have not heard ANY news on the outcome of this permit since. all paperwork related to my employment gets forwarded to my employer. i have no access to any letters from the ministry, except through the administrative people in the office. so, my guess is, the application was approved, the letter got sent, the admin witch kept it to herself and didn't let me know about it. so now i have an employment pass (most likely with my old firm), which has not been collected because i didn't know it existed. and this employment pass whose existence i was unaware of until today is causing problems with the application for my new employment pass with the new - BETTER PAYING - firm. the existing employment pass has to be cancelled before the new employment pass can be processed. it's going to take a few days to sort this out, and this is definitely going to set back my work schedule. *&^%$#@!

i am going to call the ministry tomorrow and find out what exactly is this purported employment pass and when it was granted. if i find out it has been around for over two months, there will be hell to pay. mark my words.

super inday does not suffer fools gladly.

No comments: