22 November 2006

super ex-girlfriend

when i was still living in that island 6,000+ miles away, i saw a movie poster with uma thurman (i think). the title was "my super (ex-)girlfriend", and the tagline was "warning: breaking a superhero's heart can be dangerous to your health". irony of all ironies, i saw the billboard on the way to the boy's flat. it doesn't get better than that.

the only reason i haven't done serious damage is because we are one continent apart right now. which, by the way, is also the reason we broke up. oh, the bitter contradictions that characterise my life.

spent the afternoon putting together my scrapbook of the past year. i'm only halfway through, but the dull ache in my chest made me stop. i have to unload. there are just too many damn memories that i'd much rather not remember right now.

he tried to get in touch with me last night. i think i logged off before he could actually send a message. it was late, i was tired, and the maternal figure was hovering over my shoulder. not exactly the best circumstances to chat with your ex-boyfriend. (i have to admit, i was tempted to buzz him first, but i summarily dismissed the idea once my super hearing detected mother's footsteps moving towards me.) how long we will play this online cat and mouse game is anyone's guess. some days i'm okay. other days i'm blogging.

right now i've given up on love. i've given up on relationships. i've given up on the hope of finding someone who will be perfect for me. someone better than the last one.

i guess that's the fate of superheroes. as they say, it's lonely at the top.

No comments: